Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $21.85 - $23.38 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Performs a variety of housekeeping and laundry functions such as sweeping, spot washing, mopping, vacuuming, shampooing and polishing. Responsibilities:
- Cleans assigned areas throughout the building by methods such as sweeping, spot washing and damp mopping.
- Cleans carpets and rugs by methods such as vacuuming, shampooing, brushing and shaking.
- Cleans, washes, dusts and/or polishes items such as furniture, ledges, fixtures, windows, windowsills and blinds.
- Cleans and disinfects showers, toilets and washrooms as required.
- Replenishes supplies such as soap, towels, toilet paper, etc. and organizes and tidies storage areas.
- Launders kitchen and housekeeping linens and mops.
- Completes cleaning of client rooms upon termination of treatment which includes vacuuming, washing walls, furniture, dusting, disinfecting mattresses and bed frames.
- Reports damaged and/or inoperable fixtures, furniture, and equipment to the Manager, Support Services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.