Values & Innovation
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
$17.25 - $21.56 per hour!
Our Sales Keyholder backs up the store leadership team by overseeing sales and customer service, coaching teammates, and calling the plays for the daily operations of the store when necessary. This position is a great first-time leadership role for the right candidate.
We count on our Sales Keyholders to:
To be considered for this role, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- Ensure we always provide great customer service
- Lead a selling culture and enhance the customer experience
- Recognize and reward performance
- Coach, train, and support teammates
- Manage loss prevention, safety, and audit expectations and results
- Ensure the store is neat, clean, and well-stocked
- Open and close the store when necessary
You'll be considered a top candidate if you have:
- At least 18 years old
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1+ year of retail/customer service experience
- Available to work a flexible schedule - including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Comfortable with technology (such as hand-held and mobile devices)
- Strong communication skills
- Can stand, walk, bend and lift cartons weighing up to 25 lbs. during each work shift with or without an accommodation
Perks & benefits our Part-Time Sales Keyholders receive:
- Previous experience in a leadership position
Previous experience in a retail setting
Purpose of Role
- Generous employee discount (50% off full-price items and 30% off sale items)
- Monthly bonus incentive pay eligibility
- Ability to participate in special contests with opportunity to win merchandise and other exclusive prizes
- Work-Life Assistance Program to support health, personal, family or work-related challenges
- High-energy environment, working alongside people who appreciate the power of a team
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
The Keyholder, Sales contributes to the achievement of the store's profitability and Key Performance Indicators by effectively performing the responsibilities of a leader on duty, providing customer service aligning with Under Armour's core values while working as part of store leadership to accomplish operational excellence. The Retail Store Keyholder serves as a coach and mentor to other teammates within sales/stock. This role also serves as the go-to leader in the absence of the Assistant Store Manager role and is responsible for opening and closing stores.
Sales & Omni
Brand image & Customer Experience
- As part of the store leadership team, supports in driving sales and retail/omni KPI target achievement
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand's Athlete service standards and selling behaviors
- Provides in-depth information related to wide portfolio of technical products
- Seeks and offers solutions to athletes based on their requests.
- As part of the store leadership team, supports in training teammates to provide a service/selling culture unique to Under Armour.
- Uses advanced functional expertise to drive sales and Athlete loyalty.
- Shares, guides and trains basic core and seasonal product knowledge to junior teammates.
Leadership & Team Collaboration
- Responsible for keeping the store key, opening and closing store according to Standard Operating procedures
- Train and lead teammates in the execution of daily operations aligning with UA process and policies
- Partner with rest of store leadership in maintaining standards covering merchandise and floor sets
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs. Builds Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, using various available applications
- Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention policies and advise rest of store leadership of unusual internal or external activity.
- Assume Keyholder, Stock responsibilities as necessary.
- Maintain and support store safety standards and communicate teammate accidents/injuries/concerns to rest of store leadership immediately.
- Communicate clear priorities, sales and KPI targets to sales teammates to achieve the targeted levels.
- Support UA strategies to drive sales and operations; observe sales trend and advise rest of store leadership of opportunities.
- Support the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, Retail Operations Team, and local HR during onboarding and continuous training.
- Advanced numeracy, literacy, and advanced communication skills
- Fluent in local language and basic verbal English skills
- Basic people management skills
- Proficient in use of computers and other technology
- Effectively communicate with athletes, teammates, and leadership
- Adjusts to new ideas/methods of working
- Knowledgeable of store operations, visual merchandising, stock room, risk management & safety
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Moderate knowledge of industry/retail operations and applying this knowledge to create solutions
- Advanced selling experience and comprehensive industry understanding
- May anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur
- One year experience in a sports/apparel & footwear retail environment
- Exposure to Keyholder experiences
- High School education or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends
Our Commitment to Diversity
- Ability to handle or relocate products up to 25 lbs/12kgs
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time with short breaks to handle products
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist in performing the essential responsibilities
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.