We need the following for the immediate start:
- Valid TSBC 4th Class Power Engineering Ticket or higher
- Double Vaccinated status
- Ability to pass Criminal Records Check
Will work with tools of the trade. Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair boilers, HVAC equipment/systems, electrical equipment/systems, plumbing equipment/systems and refrigeration equipment/systems (specifically heat pumps and split systems) to achieve the most economical and efficient results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of all mechanical, electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within design capabilities and achieving proper environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Maintain the efficient operation of the facility equipment and systems.
- Perform requisite daily communication with Supervisor and Building Personnel on matters relating to the services performed.
- Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment and systems..
- Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules for critical systems and equipment.
- Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide Supervisor with a list of deficiency items and recommendations for improvement.
- Escort and observe subcontracted jobs to outside concerns for building services that have been outsourced by client.
- Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility equipment and systems.
- In conjunction with client, establish a program for the acquisition, storage and accountability of all operating materials, tools and equipment.
- Establish performance standards for each phase of work, adhering to standard practices and quality levels.
- Carry out C&W Services and Honeywell policies and procedures concerning safety, administrative requirements, standards, practices and work methods.
- Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual limitations.
- This Role will be providing (majority) coverage for Campbell River Hospital and for Comox Valley Hospital (as needed).
- Five years of experience working within general building maintenance in a lead role; experience working in a hospital will be considered a strong asset.
- Current knowledge of best practices of professional preventative and predictive maintenance practices, methods and equipment
- Experience and familiarity with WHMIS, Provincial Safety statutes and basic applicable building codes, regulations
- Comfortable with the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Building Automation System (BAS) and Microsoft Office 2013 applications.
- TSBC 4th Class Power Engineer Certification or higher
- Client relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when business needs dictate.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $34.22 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- building maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
- TSBC 4th Class Power Engineering Certification (required)
Work Location: In person