Junior Agronomist/Account Manager, Interior Seed & Fertilizer
Interior Seed and Fertilizer is an East Kootenay based agricultural products supplier. We have served the Kootenays since 1988. The focus of our business is the sale and application of fertilizer and seed for both agricultural and industrial clients.
Interior Seed and Fertilizer is looking for a proactive person to join our seed and fertilizer sales and purchasing team. The qualified person will be organized, provide excellent customer service and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This person will need to be able to work well with a team and be an independently versatile individual with the motivation to contribute to all aspects of our sales program. The right person will become an integral member of the company and will have opportunity for growth. Interior Seed & Fertilizer is proud to offer our employees competitive compensation, flexibility and an environment that promotes employee success. Agricultural and/or environmental experience would be an asset, but training will be provided to the right candidate. This is a year-round, full-time position.
Responsibilities: Including, but not limited to,
· Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
· Coordinate the purchase and delivery of our seed and fertilizer inventory including product quality control and costing.
· Work with clients to develop fertilizer and/or seed prescriptions and coordinate the delivery and/or application.
· Provide quotes and recommendations for both seed and fertilizer and follow up with delivery and invoicing.
· Coordinate and interpret soil and tissue sampling and results.
· Be prepared to assist with walk in customers.
· Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with customers.
· Customizing proposals and cropping plans for new clients.
· Work on the development and implementation of marketing plans, sales strategies, and product line expansion.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A degree/diploma in Agriculture, Environmental Science, Business or relevant experience would be an asset.
· Highly organized individual with good written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Ability to work with diverse personalities and preferences.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
· Have a proficiency with developing marketing programs is an asset.
· Management training and or experience is an asset.
· A well-rounded understanding of business fundamentals is considered an asset.
· Previous experience in a garden center is an asset.
Interior Seed and Fertilizer is willing to work with developing and training the right candidate.
Salary and benefits:
Wage: Competitive Salary - will depend on experience
Medical Benefits Package
Flexible work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cranbrook, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person