Residential Counsellor (Casual Part-time)
Reference Number: OP23-28
Date Posted: October 17, 2023
Position: Part-time Residential Counsellor
Hours: Hours must be flexible to meet the needs of the individuals we support. As scheduled, up to 80 hours per pay period
Salary Range: * As per Collective Agreement
*Starting wage $23.92/hr plus 4% vacation and %5 in lieu of benefits
What We Do:
For over 60 years, Community Living Temiskaming South has provided exceptional supports and services
to individuals who have an intellectual disability and their families in our community. We are a culturally diverse,
person-centered staff group with strong values of equality, respect, and inclusiveness for all people. If those values
describe you as well, please check out our current job posting!
What You Will Do:
The Part-time Residential Counsellor will carry out all duties in accordance with established routine of the home
or program location. You will be responsible for providing direct support to individual(s) who have an intellectual
disability to live, learn, work, and participate in the community, to promote and encourage independence and to exercise citizenship and self-determination What We Need:
High school diploma or relevant combination of experience and education in the social services field
· Vulnerable Sector Check
· Class “G” driver’s license
· First Aid/CPR (we will supply the training course)
· We will train you in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) training
· Experience working in social services with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
· Superior communication, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving abilities.
· Collaborative team player, flexible and able to promote change.
· Well organized, a self-starter, able to work independently.
· Applicants will be ready to work flexible hours, including evenings, nights, days, weekends, and stats.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $23.92-$26.01 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Therapists & Counsellors: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person