Family Meats is one of the largest provincially inspected processors in Alberta. We are currently recruiting a Meat Cutter/ Industrial Butcher team member for our Ponoka, Alberta facility.
Experience is an asset, but we will train the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong attention to detail, and willing to learn.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Slaughter livestock
- Remove inedible parts from carcasses
- Clean and trim carcasses
- Cut beef or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging, de-bone meat, cut meat into specific cuts for intuitional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, steel toe boots, mesh safety equipment, etc) as provided by the employer
- Working in a variety of environments including wet, humid, cold, hot, inside, or outside
- Working with animal blood and various parts/ contents of a butchered animal
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling, work above shoulder height, adjust to strong odors and blood
- Working with knives, saws and power cutting tools
- Environment: noisy, odors, hot, cold/refrigerated
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and might tight deadlines
- Some High School education
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Attention to detail
- Works well with others
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Basic English communication skills
Competitive Wage depending on skills and experience.
Permanent Full Time Position
Benefits after 6 Months
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you need a work permit / LMIA to legally work in Canada ?
- Meat Cutting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person