URBAN IMPACT OFFERS FULL TIME HOURS!
Being a Driver at Urban Impact can be a fun, educational and rewarding experience. Drivers will learn how to safely and efficiently operate Urban Impact vehicles, the logistics of the recycling business and how the whole process works.
We are looking for Class 5 Drivers with Air Brakes endorsement, a strong customer service focus, and great people skills. A passion for the environment is a big plus!
Our drivers go the extra mile! Our drivers interact with customers and members of the public daily and have a heightened responsibility to represent our brand, our team members, and values.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC driver license with Air Brakes endorsement
- Additional driver licenses are an asset
- Must have sound knowledge of Lower Mainland roadways
- Great customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate safe lifting practices of up to 50 lbs
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- This position reports directly to the Trucking Supervisor
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections
- Complete an assigned daily route as assigned
- Be able to interact with customers and the public in a professional and positive manner
- Reliable, thorough and committed to performing your job with safety in mind
- Ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving, loading and unloading
- Drive and position vehicle safely at customer pick up locations, ensure safe pick up and lifting of containers
- Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting, lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicle, and returning the bin to the original location
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities
- Attend all Safety or Tool Box Meetings, comply with Urban Impact policies and Standard Operating Procedures
We offer a superior compensation package including
- Competitive starting hourly rate
- Pay enhancer after probation and for air brake endorsement
- Performance bonus
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP matching
- Enhanced Health Benefits plan including Medical and Dental coverage
- New Health Savings Account
- Incentives for workplace wellness and health
- And even an incentive for getting to work in an environmentally friendly way
- All staff must be fully vaccinated
- All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check.
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Urban Impact
Urban Impact is a dynamic workplace with a culture that values and promotes learning opportunities. We promote within and have a referral bonus program.
We are a close-knit group, all motivated to work diligently to meet the high expectations of our customers. We strive to make the company a rewarding place to work, where employees feel that they are doing meaningful work and their contributions make a difference.
We offer an exciting, motivating and challenging team environment to fully develop your individual potential. To support continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who make a difference and are focused on being the best.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Urban Impact. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offers of employment are dependent upon the satisfactory results arising from the required security screening for this position:
- Review of the National Safety code Driver's Abstract (N Print)
- Reference Verification
- Criminal Records background check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.03 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- delivery driving: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person