At Albarrie Canada Limited, we take pride in our dedication to environmental responsibility and safety. We prioritize the well-being of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate. Our team embodies a spirit of collaboration, and we believe that every member has the potential to contribute to our ongoing success. We are seeking an innovative and dynamic HR Manager, to join our team.
Under the guidance of the Director, Human Resources- Health & Safety, this position provides expertise in the areas of human resources and health and safety. This includes policy and procedure development, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, and training development and implementation.
- Completion of a University degree, or equivalent experience.
- Completion of a post graduate diploma, in Human Resources.
- 5+ years' experience in a progressive human resources role, with management experience.
- Understanding of all legislative requirements; ESA, Human Rights Code, OSHA to be able to develop corporate policies, procedures, and programs.
- Intermediate level experience working within Payroll and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Working within a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience managing projects, developing training and implementation across an organization.
- Act as the first point of contact for all employee questions, concerns and assist in providing support on any performance challenges, in collaboration with the Director.
- Create and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all application legislative requirements.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual performance management and merit program. Initiate the review period, provide support to managers and supervisors on review completion, and provide feedback to Director of HR on any areas for improvement.
- Partner with Directors and Managers to understand training requirements for their departments. Create training and skills competencies, implement programs, coordinate, and orchestrate external training courses and programs.
- Collaborate with the HR team to support recruiting based on workload; assist in job descriptions creation, postings, screening, and interviewing.
- Provide support to Director on all HR related projects or programs that require development and implementation.
- Participate in the organizing of, and attendance at, corporate events; job fairs, employee gatherings and/or workshops.
- Act as the backup for HR Generalist, as required.
- Act as a point of contact in the absence of the Director, to provide guidance and direction.
- Provide support to the administration and support department, as required.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person